Is Lil Tay alive or dead? Father and manager decline to confirm her death

Is Lil Tay alive or dead? Father and manager decline to confirm her death



The social media realm was struck with shock and confusion on Wednesday as an Instagram post on the account of online personality Lil Tay, whose real name is Claire Hope, announced her alleged passing at the age of 14. While some fans began paying tribute to the supposed tragedy, others expressed skepticism over the sudden announcement. Adding to the perplexity was Lil Tay's father, who declined to verify the news when questioned by the New York Post.

The father's response, when asked about the news, was cryptic and hesitant: "Yeah, you have the right person, but I don't have any comments right now. I'm not able to give you any comments right now. I'm sorry, I can't." He also refrained from confirming whether the news had been posted by someone else on Lil Tay's Instagram account, stating, "Um, no, not that that I'm aware of. Sorry, I can't really comment or give you any help," said Mr. Hope.

In response to the confusion, a spokesperson from the Vancouver Police Department shared that they had received no reports of the deaths of either Lil Tay or her brother, as announced on Instagram. The spokesperson stated, "As of now, we are not aware and are not investigating."

The statement posted on Lil Tay's Instagram account on August 9 remains visible, expressing the family's profound sorrow over Claire's unexpected and tragic passing. The statement also alludes to the recent death of her older brother, and both deaths are noted as being "still under investigation." However, the specific date and cause of Claire's death were not disclosed.

The Instagram post's authenticity was met with skepticism by her followers, who voiced doubts about the accuracy of the information. One user questioned, "Is she really dead? Like, what is going on?"

Lil Tay, originally from Canada but residing in Los Angeles, gained prominence in 2018 for her provocative videos across social media platforms, showcasing her cursing, displaying stacks of money, and engaging in conflicts. Her online presence garnered her a significant following, exceeding 3.4 million followers on Instagram. Although she has been inactive on the platform for five years, she had also pursued a career in rap, claiming to have begun writing music at the tender age of seven.

In a May 2018 interview with Good Morning America, Lil Tay commented on her controversial videos: "People think it's funny, I guess, 'cause I'm nine years old and I've accomplished so much. I'm the youngest flexer. I can do anything I like. If they don't believe me, I don't care," she said.

Post a Comment

0 Comments